Thursday, January 14, 2010

36 week appointment

Well, now our weekly doctor appointments are lasting more than 5 minutes and are more than a quick blood pressure check, belly measurement and a listen to the heartbeat. I may have more to post now after the appointments! Yesterday we had our 36 week visit. The nurse and doctor both mentioned how slowly that last month goes during pregnancy. NO KIDDING!!

I had been wanting to ask the doctor about my new symptoms, mostly starting when I noticed that the baby dropped about 3 weeks ago. Obviously increased pressure down lower I know is normal, (sometimes it feels like she is going to fall out when I stand up), but I have also been feeling nauseous again, the cramping comes back occasionally, and I'm having sharp pains in my lower abdomen. She assured me that these are all completely normal, and unfortunately, don't mean anything as far as timing.

Baby's heartbeat was 155 and she said it sounded perfect and strong, and her "little noggin" is still head down and very low. We did the standard Group B Strep test yesterday, and I asked her since we were here, could she check and see if anything was going on yet. I am only 50% effaced and not yet dilated. She said I wouldn't need to finish "knitting any booties" this week, at least, and we'll see again next week. Bummer. I'm ready to see the light at the end of this tunnel!

Two days ago we found out that Steven's friend and his wife had their baby boy. They were about 3 weeks ahead of us, and we have been comparing as we both went along. After 18 hours of labor they ended up doing a cesarean, but everyone is doing well now. I guess that means we're up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment